CROSSING THE CANYON
We did it! Twenty-nine team members crossed the Grand Canyon on September 27, 2017. And together, raised more than $75,000 for brain cancer research.
THE GRAND CANYON
23.5 miles, 10,141 feet of altitude change. One day.
The Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim trek takes the team from the North Rim down to the canyon floor, across the canyon, then up to the South Rim over 23.5 miles and more than 10,000 feet of elevation change. It is a powerful metaphor for the race to end brain cancer. The canyon represents the valley of death of underfunded research. We know that funding brain tumor research will change the future for those diagnosed with brain cancer and that if money is the problem, it’s a problem that can be solved. Together, we can do this.
DATES: September 25-29, 2017
VOLUME UP, HEART OPEN
The BethAnn Telford Short Film
This is the joyful story of one endurance athlete who, facing brain cancer, becomes a warrior. She fights not just for her own survival but for the children who share her diagnosis, the children she races for everyday.
WATCH, SHARE AND BE INSPIRED.
JOIN US FOR CROSSING THE CANYON 2017
Update: A few spots have opened! Apply now to join us for the 2017 crossing!
Mark your calendar: September 25-29, 2017
In Crossing the Canyon’s first two years we discovered the incredible power that comes from connecting people who care deeply about the same cause. We each bring unique stories, skills and perspectives to the conversation.
While we run and hike through the deeply symbolic and breathtakingly beautiful Grand Canyon, we’ll be getting to know each other and sharing encouragement, experience and energy that will bring us closer to a cure for brain cancer.
We would love for you to join us.
YOU’LL NEED TO:
Embrace this cause and join us turning hope into action.
- Book your own travel to and from Las Vegas.*
- Train for the rigors of the Rim-to-Rim hike.
- Raise $2,575 before 09/20/2017. This includes $575 to cover the costs of the event.
- Fill out the application below. This event is first come, first serve! It fills up quickly, so be sure to get your application in as soon as you can.
*We will have rooms available in Las Vegas for the night of 9/25, but you are welcome to book your own accommodations if you’d like a min Vegas vacation before we head to the North Rim early on 9/26.
- Transportation to the North Rim from Las Vegas Airport and from the South Rim to Las Vegas Airport
- Lodging on the North Rim for one night
- Lodging on the South Rim for two nights
- All Breakfasts and Dinners during the trip
- Guides for hiking across the Grand Canyon
- A training plan to prepare for the hike
- All permits required to do the hike
- A fundraising page and support for fundraising