RIDE THE BLUE RIDGE
We are taking a small crew back to the blue ridge parkway May 2021. Keep your eye on Instagram and Facebook to cheer them on and support their efforts.
THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY
469 miles along America’s longest linear park
At 3000 Miles to a Cure, we love challenges. We believe they are a terrific symbol for the difficult fight against brain cancer. We’re hosting up to 14 riders for our 2nd annual Ride the Blue Ridge for a Cure to ride the entire 469 miles of the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway and to raise money for vitally needed brain cancer research.
DATES: May 17-25, 2019
JOIN US RIDING THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY FOR A CURE 2019
Mark your calendar: May 17-25, 2019
The Blue Ridge Parkway runs between Shenandoah National Park in Virginia and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park in North Carolina. As its name suggests, it runs along the crests of the Southern Appalachians, and has endless views, wildlife and gorgeous plants and flowers to enjoy.
2019’s 2nd Annual l Ride for a Cure will cover every mile of the 469-mile Blue Ridge Parkway.
This will be a beautiful but challenging ride! We’re limiting it to 14 riders. You can expect to climb 48,600 feet over the course of 7 days. Most of the climbing will be grades of 6-8% but they can be miles long. Anyone can train for and complete this ride, but you should be in excellent cycling shape.
YOU’LL NEED TO:
- Transportation to and from our meet up point in Cherokee, NC
- Your tuned and ready to ride bicyle
- Training and fitness for the rigors of the 496 mile bicycle tour
- A sense of adventure and great attitude
- Achieve $2,575 fundraising commitment for a great cause. Everything raised over the cost of participating in the event goes to brain cancer research.
- This event is first come, first serve! We expect it to fill quickly.
- 8 Nights Lodging
- All Meals
- Snacks and Sag support along the way
- Transportation of rider and bike from end of Parkway in Waynesboro, VA to meetup point in Cherokee NC at end of ride.
- An incredible challenge and beautiful experience.